Google Picasa supports different type of files like:
- Photos: .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .gif, .psd (Photoshop), .png, .tga, and selected RAW formats.
- For general playback in Picasa: .mpg, .mod, .mmv, .tod, .wmv, .asf, .avi, .divx, .mov, .m4v, .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m2t, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv. For several of these file types, the correct software is required for playback. Read more about video file support.
- For use in Movie Maker: .avi, .asf, .wmv, .mpg, .m2t, .mmv, .m2ts
- Audio (for slideshows and the Movie Maker): .wma and .mp3
For hosting photos for Website or Blog follow step:
1. Open account in Google Picasa.
2. Go to your account.
3. Press “Upload”. Then Album selection window will popup.
4. Give name for a new Album or select from old one [give visibility as “Public on web” to properly appear in search engine].
5. Then click on Continue.
6. Add proper Caption(description) about image to properly appear in search engine.
For obtaining image link of your hosted image in Picasa follow steps:
7. Go to the required album.
8. Click on required image.
9. Click on "Link to this Photo (1)" in right side panel.
10. Tick on "Image only link (2)".
11. Select image size (3).
12. Now your required link is under "Embed image (4)" copy and paste into webpage or blog.
For hosting videos in Picasa for Website or Blog follow same steps as for images to get the link.
Always remember to optimize image before uploading to Picasa for fast opening. Read more about image optimization>>